Mac OS X graphics problem solved

From: Vic Norton
Subject: Mac OS X graphics problem solved
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 10:43:36 -0500

Apparently my inability to graph anything from octave had nothing to do with octave itself. It appears that my DarwinPorts version of gnuplot was missing a way to interface with the Macintosh X11 application. Some port, eh!

The solution. I simply downloaded a Mac OS X compatible gnuplot binary from <http://www.lee-phillips.org/info/Macintosh/gnuplot.html>. Besides gnuplot it contained the essential file gnuplot_x11 that was missing from the DarwinPorts version. Now I can plot things with gnuplot without problems. I expect I won't have any difficulty plotting from octave though I haven't tried that yet.

Regards,

Vic