Re: symbolic toolbox

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: symbolic toolbox
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 20:41:09 -0700

on 2/18/04 7:58 PM, Henri Mollet at address@hidden wrote:

> I would love to have a symbolic toolbox. I looked at
> the files and they are mostly .cc source files and
> need to be compiled to produce .oct files that can be
> used at octave prompt (I hope I got this correct by
> now). Please tell me, if I had octave-forge installed,
> would I still have to compile each .cc file?
> Henry

Interesting. I have an octave-forge directory where all the normal make
files successfully ran to completion. In the /main/symbolic directory all
the .cc files are not compiled to .oct, but there appears to be a make file
that could possibly compile them into .oct files with the one-line command
"make." (There is also a configure.add file, so watch out!) Some other /main
subdirectories with .cc files (e. g. /splines, /comm) also have .o and .oct
files, so apparently mkoctfile ran there.

Joe Koski