gset output-command

From: Michel
Subject: gset output-command
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:24:47 +0100

Hey,

I'm trying to write a simple m-file with wich I can save plots (also if I rotated them). It works, but I can't seem to use a string-variable for teh file-name?? Can't I specify a variable? Is it just passed on to gnuplot?

gset output filename

It's not good code :), but here it is:

#saveplot saves the last plot in the current directory with filename "filename"
# in postscript-format

function saveplot

   graw("save \'.plot.current\';")
   gset terminal postscript
   gset output "plot.ps"
   graw("load \'.plot.current\';")
   gshow
   gset terminal x11
endfunction

If somebody wants to enhance it ..be my guest. I'll maybe do it while I'm using it. thinking of creating tempfile or maybe none at all and specifyinh the output-format and specifying the filename as a parameter!!! I think it also saves multiple plots ... so this is not rerally correct to, but it works enough for me at the moment...