Re: lists and cell arrays ?

From: taltman
Subject: Re: lists and cell arrays ?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:25:11 +0000 (UTC)

Ah, okay. Then I'll take my foot out of my mouth. :-)

~Tomer

On Nov 21, 2003 at 10:01am, David Bateman wrote:

David. >Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:01:42 +0100
David. >From: David Bateman <address@hidden>
David. >To: address@hidden
David. >Cc: David Bateman <address@hidden>,
David. >     Michael Creel <address@hidden>,
David. >     address@hidden
David. >Subject: Re: lists and cell arrays ?
David. >
David. >According to address@hidden <address@hidden> (on 11/20/03):
David. >> Hi David,
David. >>
David. >> I'm not (yet) that much of a Octave C++ hacker. For now, I'll just be
David. >> whipping up my own abstract data types as I go, and write VHL
David. >> functions to access & mutate them. Sorry, but I just don't see the
David. >> point it up in C++ if it is such a domain-specific application, as
David. >> opposed to a general type of universal applicability ( unless, of
David. >> course, speed/time is of the essence ). Please retort if I've opined
David. >> something myopic. :-}
David. >
David. >I don't consider the types (I'm in the process of doing another), I've
David. >coded up as being domain specific. Galois fields are used in lots of
David. >places. So this is one justification of coding them in C++. The other
David. >is that Matlab R13 and greater has this Galois Field type and my
David. >implementation follows theirs very closely, in fact at this point I
David. >believe it is completely compatiable with Matlab's implementation. So
David. >the goal of Matlab compatibility was best done by implementing the
David. >Galois Field type in this manner.
David. >
David. >Regards
David. >David
David. >