From: Victor Kareem
Subject: loading path
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 00:11:17 -0600

I need some help about loading path.

After writing a mfile. I specify the path to the mfile in octave by doing the following

LOADPATH
LOADPATH:
path(path,"Program Files\GNU octave 2.1.36\octave_files")

well running the mfile works. Now i want to specify a new path to where the mfile should be read but octave is taking the above path as the default path and would not read mfile from anywhere else but the above path. Does anyone know how i can clear the path and load a new path. By the way I have tried doing
LOADPATH
LOADPATH:
path(path," my new path")

and it does not work. Anyone have similar experience please help. I am working on windows.

Secondly, I started octave from dos window but I also want to send an mfile from dos for octave to run. someone help on how to do this. I try using redirection below but it does not work
..>start octave-2.1.36.exe < name.m

Surf and talk on the phone at the same time with broadband Internet access. Get high-speed for as low as $29.95/month (depending on the local service providers in your area). https://broadband.msn.com