Re: run Octave from Excel

From: albert treblataf
Subject: Re: run Octave from Excel
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:26:24 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for the reply Tom,
if I run the code

shell("C:\Program Files\GNU Octave\bin\octave-2.1.42-p2atlas.exe")

from the excel macro, octave opens up fine and can be used as normal.

when I run the same code with the name of the file I want to run ie

shell("C:\Program Files\GNU Octave\bin\octave-2.1.42-p2atlas.exe -testscript.m")

then it opens for an instant and then closes without doing anything.

any ideas?

Albert

Do you Yahoo!?