OT - Compare SciPy and Octave?

From: Thomas Kornack
Subject: OT - Compare SciPy and Octave?
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 23:18:11 -0400

Dear Octave users:

Please excuse the divergent topic.

I am about to implement a large data analysis routine for my experiment (a continuous, tabletop measurement CPT and Lorentz violation using tricks from atomic physics). I am trying to decide whether to implement it using Octave or Scientific Python. I will ultimately be reducing around a gigabyte of data and I expect that I will be running up against performance limits of the system I choose. The analysis will include correlation functions and curve fitting. I would like to hear from users familiar with both systems regarding their relative merits.

Thanks!

Tom

http://kornack.com
Fundamental Symmetries Lab, Princeton University
Thomas Kornack, 157 North Post Road, Princeton, NJ 08550-5009
609-716-7259 (h), 609-933-2186 (m), 609-258-0702 (w), 609-258-1625 (f)