Re: unknown symbol

From: E2
Subject: Re: unknown symbol
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 08:56:09 -0400

Using

>       extern "C" {
>          #include "sausage_tree.h"
>       }

Causes the name of the symbol to change, but for some reason it still
isn't found.  I get the following error and octave exits:

/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1:
/usr/home/gatekeeper/robot/sausage/round2/opt_sausage.oct: Undefined symbol
"s_node_new"

s_node_new() is defined in my sausage_tree.c include file.
I get the feeling I need to compile sausage_tree.c to a .o file or something.
I'm running freeBSD, and I got a similar error earlier when #including
math.h, I had to use "gcc -lm" to actually include the math library.
Anybody know what's going on?

--
-E2

--
--E2

America without freedoms is not worth securing.

LB's RANDOM KEY WORDS OF INTEREST TO CARNIVORE SERVERS:

abortion, marijuana, cocaine, xtacy, lsd, plutonium, ammonium nitrate,
militia, cia, dea, nsa, fbi, pgp, president, white house, hacker, 2600,
dirty bomb, al qaeda, jihad, assassinate?

MINE TOO:
weed, bong, headys, anarchy, skinhead, wolves, acid, hash, pipe bomb,
communism, castro, canadians!