Re: octave on 64 bit platforms

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: octave on 64 bit platforms
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 16:19:46 -0500

On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:00:04PM -0500, Martin Schultz wrote:

> Has anyone ported Octave to either the Itanium2 or the Opteron? If not, =
> are there plans to do so?

See http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=ia64&pkg=octave2.1 for build logs
of octave2.1 on the ia64 going back to Nov 2001 when this archival started.

I can't remember when we started to do ia64 builds, but HP gave Debian
access pretty early on. Probably some time in 2001.

Dirk

--
Don't drink and derive. Alcohol and analysis don't mix.