Re: wiki.octave.org

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: Re: wiki.octave.org
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 09:17:28 +0200

On Wednesday 18 June 2003 17:51, John W. Eaton wrote:
| Thanks to the efforts of Paul Kienzle, Deepak Goel, and Etienne
| Grossmann, the Octave wiki is now available at http://wiki.octave.org.
| If you have link to the wiki or advertise it in some way, please
| update it to use the new address.

Great. This will really helps all the octave developpers and maintainers.

I have installed some wikis for projects to which I participate. It is for me
a complementary tool of the mailing lists in the sense that everyone can help
everyone and improve/modify the examples given by others.

The only think to check periodically is the coherence and the structure of all
the pages. A a certain level, where the main points are all cited, it is
sometimes important to lock the first page and to discuss its further changes
on the mailing list or elswhere on the wiki.

For the cosmetic part, I think that the top right logo is too small. It could
be rescaled to 64x64 without changing the page appearence.

Thank you for this job,
Laurent.