no dynamic linking with Mandrake 9.1 ?

From: Francis Courtois
Subject: no dynamic linking with Mandrake 9.1 ?
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:17:31 +0200

Hi

I have upgraded my linux box to MDK 9.1 and now the compilation of octave
2.1.45 or 2.1.46 doesn't allow dynamic linking anymore:
Octave is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc  -mieee-fp -g -O2
  C++ compiler:         g++  -mieee-fp -g -O2 -Wall
  Fortran compiler:     g77 -O
  Fortran libraries:     -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.2.2
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux-gnu/3.2.2/../../.. -lhdf5 -lz -lfrtbegin
-lg2c -lm -lgcc_s
  BLAS libraries:
  FFTW libraries:       -lfftw
  HDF5 libraries:       -lhdf5 -lz
  LIBS:                 -lreadline  -lncurses -lhdf5 -lz -lm
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:  false
  Build static libraries:             true
  Build shared libraries:             false
  Dynamic Linking:                    false
  Include support for GNU readline:   true

configure: WARNING: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you need to
reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: WARNING: I didn't find flex, but it's only a problem if you need to
reconstruct lex.cc
configure: WARNING: I didn't find runtest -- install DejaGNU if you want to run
`make check'

Any idea ?

(I would like to be able to use mkoctfile)