Re: Easy plot question

From: geraint
Subject: Re: Easy plot question
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 15:30:52 +0000

> From: Myriam Abramson <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon 14/Apr/2003 15:04 GMT
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Easy plot question
>

> Hi!
>
> How do I set the legend on a plot?
> I see xlabel, ylabel and title but I want to replace the legend for
> line 1, line 2, etc with something else.
>
> TIA
>                                             myriam

Myriam,

you can use the "title" keyword to set the legend with the "gplot" command:

octave:1> x = linspace(0,10,101) ' ;
octave:2> plot1 = [ x , sin ( x ) ] ;
octave:3> plot2 = [ x , cos ( x ) ] ;
octave:4> gplot plot1 title "Sine" , plot2 title "Cosine"

You can find more information about gplot with "help -i gplot".

Geraint.

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best
Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.