Re: SPAM on list

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: SPAM on list
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 11:24:50 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2003, John W. Eaton wrote:

> Did other people receive some junk mail apparently from address@hidden
> on this list yesterday?  If so, I apologize for that.

Yes.  I was very impressed by the precision of their claim of "up to 74%
harder erections."  Not 75%.  Not 73%.  Maybe they were using Octave to
analyze their data and wanted to show off to our group.

More seriously, it looks like they were using Bcc so that we wouldn't see
that the message came through help-octave unless we looked at the header.
Some e-mail distribution software will block messages that don't have the
list in To or Cc.  Another thing to consider.

Best,

Mike

--
Michael B. Miller, Ph.D.