Re: Clawpack + Octave?

From: John B. Thoo
Subject: Re: Clawpack + Octave?
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 16:08:21 -0800

Hi. OK, I've downloaded Clawpack to my Mac and it seems to run. Yea! :) When I open Octave to plot an example solution using the m-file plotclaw1.m, however, I get

octave:1> plotclaw1
error: `plotclaw1' undefined near line 1 column 1

Now, in the Clawpack manual, it says that to use Matlab to view results, "download the directory claw/matlab and then set the environment variable

    unix> setenv MATLABPATH ".:\$CLAW/matlab"

before starting Matlab, in order to add this directory to your MATLAB search path. This directory contains the routines plotclaw1.m and...."

I have the directory claw/matlab with the m-file plotclaw1.m, but Octave can't find it. How do I set up Octave to know to look for files in claw/matlab? I'm using bash, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

---John.