Re: 'cd' and tab completion

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: Re: 'cd' and tab completion
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:46:55 +0100

On Friday 31 January 2003 01:35, John W. Eaton wrote:
| What version of Octave are you using?

Sorry. I forgot to specify it. This is the 2.1.43

| I think filename completion was broken for a long time in the
| development sources, but with 2.1.43, I think it is somewhat
| functional.  There are still some problems, because Octave uses things
| like ./ and / as operators, so if we also want variable and function
| name completion to work, it is harder to know when to treat these as
| word separators.

It seems that under matlab, this completion (with the '/', '~', and '../'
understanding) is activated when the command 'cd' is present in the beginning
of the line. It's a kind of selective autocompletion (like in the last
version of bash) which depends on the command used.
This could be way to deal with this possible ambiguous definition of '/' ?
There is nos sense to imagine a division after the cd command (at least until
the next ';' if there are several command on the same line)

Laurent.