(Fwd) svd, inverse, pinv an so on in octave 2.1.36

From: Eugenio SEGUIN
Subject: (Fwd) svd, inverse, pinv an so on in octave 2.1.36
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:42:17 -0300

From:                   "Eugenio SEGUIN" <address@hidden>
To:                     address@hidden
Date sent:              Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:57:17 -0300
Subject:                svd, inverse an so on in octave 2.1.36
Copies to:              "John W. Eaton" <address@hidden>

Hello  I have problems with octave 2.1.36 in the following
operations: The
function spline does not work The function that decomposes in
singular
values (svd) either works I can not invest complex matrix neither to
solve
problems of the type Ax=b
 with the command  x=A\b when A is complex matrix, in these two
last cases is
produces a segmentation error.  Someone can say me as solving
it?

Any suggestion will be well come. Octave is compiled  with gcc3.2
 in a unit alphaev67-dec-osf5.1
I have sent messages to the help of octave without obtaining
response.

                            CarlosEugenio SEGUIN
           Assistant Proffesor - Civil Engineer Departament
                National University of San Juan -  Argentina

Carlos Eugenio Seguin
e-mail:address@hidden
Tel/Fax: 0264 - 4230942
Carlos Eugenio Seguin