Re: compiling .m files

From: Arnim Littek
Subject: Re: compiling .m files
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:20:57 +1300 (NZDT)

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, A S Hodel wrote:
> An octave m-file compiler is one of the wish-list items out there,
> along with a block-diagram simulation tool, symbolic math (some work
> done here I think), etc.

I note that the original MATCOM stuff what written by a bright spark
from the Technion, and was originally released under some form of
freebie licence.  The Unix version thereof (dating from late 1995)
came in source form, and recently I've tried to find it, but the only
copy I've found is a corrupt tarball, so I can't comment any further
on the licensing of it.

Maybe someone else has squirreled away a copy of matsrc.Z from 1995
and can cast more light on using this as a starting point, since it
was written for Matlab V4...

FWIW,

Arnim.