Changing directory/fopen question...

From: Preben Mikael Bohn
Subject: Changing directory/fopen question...
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 16:22:58 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all, this is probably a newbie/FAQ question, but here it goes anyway:

I want to "fopen" a file "c:\test.txt" under windows. A "pwd" gives:

>> pwd
/octave_files

and I can only "cd .." once.

Octave is installed in "C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.36".

Is there any way I can "fopen" the file in "c:\" (or some other dir)? I can
easily "load" and/or "save" files by just "load c:\test.txt a", but "fopen"
doesn't seem to like the prepended "c:\"...

Best regards Preben

PS. Is there an easy way to load an unknown number of entries in a file
containing e.g.
 2.134670002413347e-01
 9.286392378372673e-02
 1.372532547178472e+00