windows installation question

From: Helen Tang
Subject: windows installation question
Date: 13 Aug 2002 16:36:11 -0400

Hi there,

I have downloaded the binary release of octave "octave-windows-2000oct25d.exe"
and
installed it
on my PC (with Windows 2000).
there was no problem during installation, the application of "octave 2.1.31" and
"plot 2.04" were
added to the application list. However, when I run octave, I can only see a
flash of
a window, I can not see the interface of OCTAVE, while the GNU plot runs fine.

Could anyone tell me what could be the problem and possible solution?

thank you very much,
Helen