plotting with notitle

From: Davide Cavallari
Subject: plotting with notitle
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:58:41 +0100

I need  to plot a  file using  the gnuplot "histeps"  style. If I  put the
command:

        gset data style histeps;

in my octave script, it works if I use the command:

        plot (x, y)

which uses the default style (that is histeps).

However I want to  get a plot without the "line 1" title,  like what I get
with the gnuplot command:

        plot 'datafile' notitle with histeps
                ^^^^^^^
If I try:

        plot (x, y, ;;)

I get a plot with the line style.

How can I get a plot with both the histep style and the notitle?
--
Cheers,
    Davide Cavallari