Can we turn "Warnings" off?

From: Mike Weale
Subject: Can we turn "Warnings" off?
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:06:22 -0600

Browsing through the past archives, I note others have also felt an =
occasional frustration with the eagerness with which Octave prints =
warnings about all sorts of things to the screen , cluttering up diary =
logs and the like (warnings about using empty matrices in matrix =
assignments is my particular bugbear).

MATLAB, dare I say it, is not nearly so motherly.  Mind you, probably a =
bad thing - better to have too many warnings than too few.  Still, it's =
a shame the Octave user doesn't have a choice - a handy setting in =
.octaverc for example.  Any chance of this in the future, or have I =
simply missed the post that infomed me of this feature?

Many thanks,
Mike