Re: rlocus

From: David Eduardo Gomez Noguera
Subject: Re: rlocus
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 08:21:53 -0600

On Fri, 25 Jan 2002 00:29:06 -0500
Torsten Howard <address@hidden> wrote:

Not a straight answer, but run the demo that comes with it:

"sysrepdemo"

( i havent though)
> Hello,
>
> I went and tried to do a simple rlocus this evening, but it wasn't simple.
>
> I'll put a transcipt at the end of the page, how do I make this work?
>
> Torsten

> octave:1> num = [1];
> octave:2> den = [1 6 11 6];
> octave:3> rlocus(num,den)
> error: Asys must be a system data structure (see ss2sys, tf2sys, zp2sys)
> error: evaluating if command near line 45, column 3
> error: called from `sys2tf' in file
> `/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/system/sys2tf.m'
> error: called from `rlocus' in file
> `/opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/base/rlocus.m'
> octave:3> help rlocus
> rlocus is the user-defined function from the file
> /opt/octave/share/octave/2.1.35/m/control/base/rlocus.m
>
>  - Function File:  rlocus (INPUTS)
>      [rldata, k] = rlocus(sys[,increment,min_k,max_k])
>      Displays root locus plot of the specified SISO system.
>
>             -----   ---     --------
>         --->| + |---|k|---->| SISO |----------->
>             -----   ---     --------        |
>             - ^                             |
>               |_____________________________|
>
>      inputs: sys = system data structure
>      min_k, max_k,increment: minimum, maximum values of k and
>      the increment used in computing gain values
>      Outputs: plots the root locus to the screen.
>      rldata: Data points plotted column 1: real values, column 2: imaginary
>      values)
>      k: gains for real axis break points.
>

> Additional help for built-in functions, operators, and variables
> is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
> `help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.
>
> Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
> at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via the
> octave:4> help sys
>
> help: sorry, `sys' is not documented
>
> Additional help for built-in functions, operators, and variables
> is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
> `help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.
>
> Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
> at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via the
> octave:5>

ICQ: 15605359 Bicho
                                  =^..^=
First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you
win. Mahatma Gandhi.
........Por que no pensaran los hombres como los animales? Pink Panther........
暑さ寒さも彼岸まで。
アン アン アン とっても大好き