Re: Inline::Octave for perl

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: Re: Inline::Octave for perl
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:13:00 -0500

Andy,

This looks neat. But I am having a hard time getting it to work:

> You need to install the Inline module from CPAN. This provides
> the infrastructure to support all the Inline::* modules.

Perl's Inline module is installed:

address@hidden:/tmp> dpkg -l libinline-perl|grep ii
ii  libinline-perl 0.41-3         Write Perl subroutines in other programming

> Then install Octave.pm in an Inline directory in any path in your @INC.
[...]
> The easiest is to create a ./Inline directory in your
> working directory, and put Octave.pm in that.

address@hidden:/tmp> ls -l Inline/
total 11
-rw-r--r--    1 edd      edd         10507 Oct 22 22:01 Octave.pm

address@hidden:/tmp> head -4 inline.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl

BEGIN { @INC = ( "/tmp", @INC ) }
use Inline Octave;

> after that the example code should run.

address@hidden:/tmp> ./inline.pl
Error. You have specified 'Octave' as an Inline programming language.

I currently only know about the following languages:
    C, Foo, c, foo

If you have installed a support module for this language, try deleting the
config file from the following Inline DIRECTORY, and run again:

    /tmp/_Inline

 at ./inline.pl line 0
INIT failed--call queue aborted.

If I remove the @INC modification, and then remove the /tmp/_Inline/config
file, it fails with a shorter message:

address@hidden:/tmp> ./inline.pl
Undefined subroutine &main::jnk1 called at ./inline.pl line 6.

Any idea?

Dirk