troubles with mkoctfile

From: Dirk Eddelbuettel
Subject: troubles with mkoctfile
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:49:51 -0500

  Istvan> might be?  BTW, is there an "optimal" linux distribution that is
  Istvan> guaranteed to run and compiles Octave out of the box. Mine surely
  Istvan> doesn't.

Well, I have to take the bait -- Debian probably comes as close as any
other. You get a choice between Octave 2.0.* and 2.1.* as well as a few
useful add-on packages:

address@hidden:~> apt-cache search octave | grep "octave\|matwrap" | sort
matwrap - A wrapper generator for matrix languages
octave - The GNU Octave language for numerical computations
octave-ci - Contributed functions for the GNU Octave language
octave-epstk - GNU Octave encapsulated postscript toolkit
octave-gpc - Octave bindings for the General Polygon Clipper Library
octave-matcompat - Matlab-compatibility functions for the GNU Octave language
octave-plplot - PLplot (a scientific plotting library) interface for Octave
octave-sp - Semidefinite Programming functions for GNU Octave
octave2.0 - The GNU Octave language for numerical computations
octave2.0-doc - Postscript documentation on the GNU Octave language
octave2.0-emacsen - Emacs support for the GNU Octave language
octave2.0-headers - Header files for the GNU Octave language
octave2.0-htmldoc - HTML documentation on the GNU Octave language
octave2.0-info - GNU Info documentation on the GNU Octave language
octave2.0-staticlibs - Static libraries for the GNU Octave language
octave2.1 - The GNU Octave language for numerical computations
octave2.1-doc - Postscript documentation on the GNU Octave language
octave2.1-emacsen - Emacs support for the GNU Octave language
octave2.1-headers - Header files for the GNU Octave language
octave2.1-htmldoc - HTML documentation on the GNU Octave language
octave2.1-info - GNU Info documentation on the GNU Octave language

Mail me privately if you have any questions.

Regards, Dirk

--
Our mailserver had a hardware failure while we were gone during the 2nd half
of July. If I did not respond to a mail you sent then, or if you experienced a