Installation problem, 2.1.34

From: Eric Evans
Subject: Installation problem, 2.1.34
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 13:54:00 -0400

Hi folks,

I gave up on trying to install Octave 2.0.16 on our system, since it won't work with gcc 3.0. So I tried version 2.1.34 instead, but unfortunately the make crashes when it gets to "makeinfo: command not found". We do not have makeinfo. I don't know what it is and I have not been able to find any mention of it in my sysadmin books. Is it something that is essential to the Octave installation, or is there some way to bypass the makeinfo stuff and still get Octave to work OK? We are working with gcc 3.0 and GNU make 3.79.1 in a Solaris 8 environment. Thanks a lot....

Eric