Re: FFT documentation

From: Przemek Klosowski
Subject: Re: FFT documentation
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:13:20 -0400

Roberto_Hern=E1ndez <address@hidden> wrote: The FFT algorithm was  designed
   for signals with a number of samples that is an integer power of two. In
case
   the number of samples isn't a power of two
Sengupta Sourav:
   In case you managed to use FFT in octave , please let me know how ? and i=
   f any more downloads are required. I haven't used Octave in some time now=
   , since i couldn't get the DFT/FFT routines to run , no matter what i tri=

I believe this is incorrect. Octave FFT (functions fft(), ifft() and fft2()
are according to the manual based on FFTPACK. This comment comes from the
FFTPACK source, cfftf.f:

n      the length of the complex sequence c. the method is
       more efficient when n is the product of small primes. n

Sengupta: what problems did you have with octave's FFT?