Re: PHP and Octave

From: Andrew W. Schmeder
Subject: Re: PHP and Octave
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 00:44:17 -0700

On Wednesday 22 August 2001 09:07, OOzy Pal wrote:
> I am not going to give the user a complete control.
> For example, the user will input only number and
> coefficients of a linear system and then my php code
> will interact with octave. Will this be ok?

All you need to do is use some regular expressions in the PHP which check to
make sure that the incoming variables conform to your expectations.

e.g. to make sure $num is a numeric value, strip all characters except 0-9,

$num = preg_replace("/[^0-9\.-]/", "", $num);

I guess you could call your octave program from the command line and pass
args, or invoke the octave interpreter with popen().

-andy