Re: cross correlation/covariance function?

From: Bill Lash
Subject: Re: cross correlation/covariance function?
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 12:57:23 -0500

Do the cor() and cov() functions from the statistics section do what you
want?  These are available in at least 2.1.34.  I am not sure whether they
were available in the 2.0.x series or not.

octave:9> help cov
cov is the user-defined function from the file
/home/tlabat-4/lash/progs/share/octave/2.1.34/m/statistics/base/cov.m

 - Function File:  cov (X, Y)
     If each row of X and Y is an observation and each column is a
     variable, the (I,J)-th entry of `cov (X, Y)' is the covariance
     between the I-th variable in X and the J-th variable in Y.  If
     called with one argument, compute `cov (X, X)'.

Additional help for built-in functions, operators, and variables
is available in the on-line version of the manual.  Use the command
`help -i <topic>' to search the manual index.

Help and information about Octave is also available on the WWW
at http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/octave.html and via the

Bill Lash
address@hidden