Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave

From: jawalker
Subject: Re: Linking ATLAS with Octave
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 09:20:24 -0700

I think you hit it right on the head:  The difference between PII and PPro
is cache and that directly changes how ATLAS is optimized.  At least from
the blurb I read.

Jack

I believe that Matlab ships first four cases (I am not sure whether
they use 3DNow in Athlon). I am not sure why they split PII and
PPro---the main difference is cache, IIRC).