Re: pb when compiling on Mandrake 8

From: Francis Courtois
Subject: Re: pb when compiling on Mandrake 8
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 15:05:24 -0400

For unknown reasons Configure complains about missing libraaries even if I
have them ! What should I do ?
configure: warning: I couldn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses,
-lcurses, or -ltermlib!

Octave is now configured for i686-pc-linux-gnu

  Source directory:     .
  Installation prefix:  /usr/local
  C compiler:           gcc  -mieee-fp -g -O2 -Wall
  C++ compiler:         c++  -mieee-fp -fno-implicit-templates -g -O2 -Wall
  Fortran compiler:     g77 -O
  Fortran libraries:     -lg2c -lm
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux/2.96
-L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i586-mandrake-linux/2.96/../../.. -lm
  Use GNU readline:     true
  Default pager:        less
  gnuplot:              gnuplot

  Do internal array bounds checking:       false
  Build static libraries:                  true
  Build shared libraries:                  false
  Minimal kernel option:                   false
  Dynamic Linking (dlopen/dlsym):          true
  Dynamic Linking (shl_load/shl_findsym):  false
  Include support for GNU readline:        true

configure: warning: I couldn't find -ltermcap, -lterminfo, -lncurses,
-lcurses, or -ltermlib!
configure: warning: I didn't find gperf, but it's only a problem if you need
to reconstruct oct-gperf.h
configure: warning: I didn't find flex, but it's only a problem if you need
to reconstruct lex.cc
configure: warning: I didn't find bison, but it's only a problem if you need
to reconstruct parse.cc
configure: warning: I didn't find runtest -- install DejaGNU if you want to
run `make check'

--

Francis

 Dr. Francis COURTOIS               I  ENSIA - INRA
                                    I  1, avenue des Olympiades
 Food Process Control Lab.          I  91744 MASSY Cedex
 Food Engineering Department        I  FRANCE
 mailto:address@hidden      I  Fax : (+33) (0) 1 69 93 51 85
 http://ensia.inra.fr/~courtois     I  Cell: (+33) (0) 6 74 82 89 17