anonymous functions?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: anonymous functions?
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 23:33:12 +0100

Hi there!

Please bear with me, I'm a newbie user. I want to build a simple
meshless PDE solver in octave, but right at the start I get stuck.
I'm trying to write a function to compute a gram-matrix, but I can't
figure out how to pass an anonymous function to the quad procedure.

What I am hoping|trying to do:

        function G =  grammatrix (funcs)
          l = length (funcs)
          G = zeros (l,l)
          i = 0
          j = 0
          for f = funcs
            for g =  funcs
              function p = prod(t)
                p = f(t) * g(t)
              endfunction
              G(i,j) = quad (prod,0, 1, [0, 0.01], [])
              j++
              endfor
            i++
          endfor