Re: Toolboxes

From: A S Hodel
Subject: Re: Toolboxes
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 16:30:37 -0600

> on 11/15/00 10:59 AM, marimar at address@hidden wrote:

> Hello,
> I am a user of octave and I came from MATLAB. Did octave has the
> equivalent to Toolboxes in MATLAB?.
>
> Thank you in advance.

There are several toolboxes available for octave; some in the distribution,
others that are being compiled at other web-pages (see the digest for this
mailing list for details).

To my knowledge, these toolboxes are not drop-in replacement compatible with
MATLAB, due to the mild differences in octave and MATLAB functionality.  In
short, it's fairly easy for users to switch, but software usually needs some
mild changes.

More detailed answers to your questions will come as you get more precise
about what you need.

--
A S Hodel Assoc. Prof. Dept Elec. Comp. Eng.  Auburn Univ, AL 36849-5201
(334) 844-1854 Fax -1809 http://www.eng.auburn.edu/Šþscotte