GNU Octave for Windows bug update

From: Julian A. de Marchi, Ph.D
Subject: GNU Octave for Windows bug update
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 03:05:16 -0400

There are already a couple of known bugs in the GNU Octave for Windows
installation.  Please keep any further bug reports coming in!

Foremost, the 'help' command is problematic b/c we packaged a version of
TeXInfo that's out-of-date.  We're working on that.

In the meantime, here's a quick DIY fix to improve -- to some extent -- the
GNU Octave for Windows interface itself.  These command-line options should
be inserted following the word 'rxvt' in your binŠÜstart file (they must
appear at the start of the rxvt line, before the other options):

        --keysym.0xFF50 '^a' --keysym.0xFF57 '^e' --keysym.0xFFFF '^f^h'

Now you'll have customary Windows key mappings for the [Home], [End], and
[Del] keys, repectively.  We'd like to map other keys, too, but this isn't as
trivial as it ought to be, so please keep tuned for another update.

Cheers,
Julian