Re: Dynamically Linked Functions

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: Dynamically Linked Functions
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 15:54:18 -0600

Shoji Tanaka wrote:
> I have started using Octave since a couple of weeks ago.
> Now I am trying to make a dynamically linked function. I need a more detail
> document about the DLF, especially for the specification of the interface
> classes between Octave and DLF.
> Are there any documents which describe detail about the above classes?

The documentation in this area is not great.  The best solution seems to
be to look at other examples.   In  the normal octave distribution you
can look at examples/make_int.cc   There are at least a few more
examples out there.

sparse matrices use them
http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/mailing-lists/octave-sources/2000/70

symbolic toolbox does some of this(not a stable version yet)

Good luck.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277