RE: octave toolchest installation problem

From: Julian A. de Marchi, Ph.D.
Subject: RE: octave toolchest installation problem
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:52:51 -0400

Hey Guillaume,

I apologise.  The ToolChest hasn't yet been tested in Octave.
It's designed for Matlab.  Parts of the toolchest will work, in particular
the TSA toolbox has been tested in Octave by the author.  Furthermore,
installation even for Matlab on UNIX has not been tested.  I wrote the
install.m script to work on UNIX but I never tested it, since I don't have
access to Matlab on UNIX (or Octave).  Your feedback is most helpful, so
thanks for detailing the errors.  I'll see what I can do to fix that.
Once the ToolChest works for Octave, I'll be posting to this mailing list.

The ToolChest should be made to work with Octave soon, and perhaps you're
able to help us reach that goal (?).  In the meantime, it's best if you
try to install the wavelab etc. manually, instead of using the install.m
script.  Most of the component toolboxes should work for the most part
in Octave.  I am very interested to hear of any fixes you make!

Thanks,
Julian

address@hidden