Need Help Plotting exp(-0.5*x)*sin(x)

From: Jonathan Drews
Subject: Need Help Plotting exp(-0.5*x)*sin(x)
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 17:32:07 -0500

Hello:

 I am new user of Octave and I would like to know how to get it to plot
exp(-0.5*x)*sin(x). I am making the following entries:

x=(0.0:0.1:10.0)';
data=[x,exp(-0.5*x)*sin(x)]

It returns the message:

error: operator *: nonconformant arguments (op1 is 101x1, op2 is 101x1)
error: evaluating assignment expression near line 8, column 5

As it is trying to multiply to column vectors.  What is the correct way to
plot an expression like exp(-0.5*x)*sin(x).

                                respectfully

                                John