Re: octave sparse for 2.1.30

From: en254
Subject: Re: octave sparse for 2.1.30
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 22:39:44 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Dirk Laurie wrote:
> address@hidden skryf:
> > Here is my octave build config.
> [...]
> > RedHat 6.0
> I've 6.2.

This seems to be the problem. I just got a copy of RH6.2 and
upgraded my system. I recompiled octave-2.1.30, and also my
sparse functions, and now I get the same error as you.

I now get these errors:

error: invalid lvalue function called in expression
   or
error: memory error

I different places - they occur about 10% of the time in
testing with random matrices. I'm guessing that
memory error from octave means a seg fault...
    Can someone confirm this?

I'm guessing that it probably is a libc thing, since
RH6.2 has glibc-2.1.3, and RH6.0 has glibc-2.1.1

I'll look through my code to see if I can find any wild pointers.

If anyone knows what other rh60/rh62 difference may
cause this, tell me!

Andy Adler,                               address@hidden