Problem with "gset term gif" and "plot"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Problem with "gset term gif" and "plot"
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 01:14:03 -0500 (CDT)

On  9-May-2000, fermin <address@hidden> wrote:

|  Greetings from Canary Islands (Spain)
|
|  Im starting to use OCTAVE, and i have a problem.
|
|  Im trying to display a graphic with several values. When i use the
| "gset
|  term gif" option, i get only the first value graphic. For example using
|  "plot (t,x,t,z)"  I obtain the "tx" graphic only.
|
|  If I dont use the "gset term gif" option in my program, and load the .M
|  file in OCTAVE i get the correct result (This is tx and tz values
|  graphic).
|
|  I dont know what to do to correct this problem,
|
|  Somebody can help me?

Try

  plot (t, x, t, z)
  gset term gif
  gset output "foo.gif"
  replot

The plot command uses a series of

  plot <line 1>
  replot <line2>
  replot <lineN>

commands, which may not do the right thing for all terminal drivers.
Octave's replot command just asks gnuplot to perform a replot
operation, which should result in all the current lines going to one
plot.

jwe