Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc

From: en254
Subject: Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 22:52:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 25 Apr 2000, John W. Eaton wrote:
> On 24-Apr-2000, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> |    What is the new way to access global config vars?
>
> You can still do that, I think, but Vprefer_column_vectors is now
> static in ov.cc, so its scope is limited.  Can you explain why you
> need access to this particular variable?

I thought that prefer_column_vectors affected the output
of things like    x = y(:), and I was trying to duplicate this
functionality in the sparse functions.  I just checked, and it
turns out that octave doesn't work this way, so I don't need the
variable.

> | 2. vector_value() method seems to have changed.
> You can either fix your code to use column_vector_value (if you want
> to force the user to supply a column vector) or use
>
>   ColumnVector a (args(1).vector_value ());

Thanks. I didn't like having to do so much casting.

One more question:

3. Previously, (ie in 2.1.19) I was able to get at
   index operations working using something like:

  octave_value_list
  octave_integer::do_index_op (int, const octave_value_list& idx)

   but this no longer works.
   What is the new way to do index operations?

Thanks
Andy Adler,                                      address@hidden