Re: [Q] any fmin equivalent ?

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: [Q] any fmin equivalent ?
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 08:18:31 -0700

Francis Courtois wrote:

> | Hi
> |
> | I would like to perform some NL optimizations like fmin does for Matlab. I
> | couldn't find anything like that in Octave... any advice ?

Take a look at http://anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt:8080/~etienne/octave/

Etienne Grossman wrote a downsimplex routine which uses Nelder-Mead
simplex algorithm.  This is exactly what fmins uses.

P.S.  This question has come up a lot lately.  Maybe this routine should
be included with the bleeding-edge releases of Octave.(I think it
should.)

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277