Re: Exec

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Exec
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:34:13 +0000

Tom Weichmann wrote:

> Dear octave users,
>
> Is there a way to disable octave's ability to execuite shell
> commands, ie exec('your command here').

octave:1> function y=exec(x); y=sin(x);endfunction
error: can't redefine read-only function `exec'

This is also a problem for me, but for other reasons. I would like to
*redefine* internal Octave functions, say, 'min()'. There is an 'alias'
function in Octave internals, but I never was able to use it... I always
get a core dump.

Has someone suceeded?

Joao

> Thank you for your time,
>
> T.C. Weichmann

Joao Cardoso, address@hidden
----
"Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is
not the reason we are doing it" -- Richard Feynman