Constructor for LU: why dgesv?

From: Thomas Hoffmann
Subject: Constructor for LU: why dgesv?
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 10:07:39 +0100 (MET)

Excuse my ignorance, but when looking into the ctor for LU (e.g. dbleLU.cc),
I noticed that octave calls the Fortran subroutine dgesv, with a second
parameter
(NRHS) of 0.

dgesv calls in turn DGETRF (factorization) and DGETRS (solution).

But if one uses NRHS=0, DGETRS only checks some parameters and returns.

Why does the ctor not call dgetrf directly, when only the factorization is
necessary?

Regards,
Thomas Hoffmann.

Thomas Hoffmann, Institut fuer Halbleiter- und Mikrosystemtechnik, TU Dresden
E-mail: address@hidden