Resolved -- octave compile in RH 6.1

From: Andy Boden
Subject: Resolved -- octave compile in RH 6.1
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 1999 00:41:50 +0000

All,

Previously I had written:

To which Joao Cardoso <address@hidden> correctly responded:

> recompiled? if this means that you had run 'configure' without 'make
> distclean' (or removing all config.cache), than you was using the
> previously 'configure' results.

This is the key -- I had done a "make clean", which (apparently) did not
clear
the state left by the previous configure run under RH 5, a subtlty I had
not
previously appreciated.  Acting on Joao's "make distclean" suggestion
resulted
in a clean build and functional octave.  Bottom line -- pilot error.

Thanks for all who took the time to respond.

                                                                - A.B.