Re: max() and min() of nan/inf

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: max() and min() of nan/inf
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 17:40:20 +0100

Mirek Kwasniak wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 23, 1999 at 01:25:23PM +0300, Olli Saarela wrote:
> [...]
> > If, in your particular Octave calculation, you wish to take the minimum
> > (maximum) of the non-NaN values in a vector, please replace all the NaN
> > values with +Inf (-Inf) before calling min (max).
>
> Hi,
>
> it's much simple to use somthing like
>
>    max( x( finite( x ) ) )
>    min( x( finite( x ) ) )
>
> Mirek

Thanks. But using this with matrices is a bit more complicated, even
with fortran indexing.

I want to apologize for my stupid question and the emphasis that I gave
to it; I had not sleep that night, and you paid for it. Sorry,

Joao

Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322
4050 Porto, Portugal        |   fax:    + 351 2 2008487