Re: error with "end"

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: Re: error with "end"
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 07:57:50 +0200

-------------------------
Write a perl script, which parses all your scripts
changing end to END (for later compatibility reasons)
                               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and insert a line before each "end" usage defining
the "END":
Assume the "end" would be available in 2.0.15 .
Then you would have to change all your files again, because
octave wouldn't/shouldn't allow to set "end=length(s)" then.
So in order to avoid double work in porting m-files I
use it the way that I define and "END" and use this END.
So I have no problem when an "end" build-in function
is available in octave.