Re: Solving Differental equations...

From: Ben Sapp
Subject: Re: Solving Differental equations...
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 09:14:39 -0600

Adam Balgach wrote:

> Can octave do this? im looking for some similar commands in matlab such as
>
> trapz(x,y) which uses the trapozoidal rule to integrate
>
> are there other funcitons for integration ?
> or any for finding the derivatives of fuctions ?

lsode is very good at solving differential equations.  The manual has
excellent documentation on it.   I do not know of any thing to do the
trapezoidal rule for you.  You could write one though! :)  I am sure all
Octave users would be appreciative.

--
Ben Sapp                         Los Alamos National Laboratory
email: <mailto:address@hidden>   Phone: (505)667-3277