Libtool'izing octave?

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Libtool'izing octave?
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 01:42:17 -0500 (CDT)

On 21-Jul-1999, Mumit Khan <address@hidden> wrote:

| (I haven't been following Octave dev snapshots, so apologies if this is
| now a non-issue).
|
| Any plans for libtoolizing Octave in the future? I've been starting to
| think[1] about getting Octave to support --enable-shared on windows32,
| and the latest libtool (or rather from the CVS repo) will be very helpful.

Yes, but just vague plans like `it would be nice to use libtool
instead of the current home-brew way of building libraries'.

Unfortunately, I am also quite busy right now, so it is unlikely that
I will be able to do anything about this any time soon.

If you are (or anyone else is) interested in working on this project,
please work with the 2.1.x. sources.

Thanks,

jwe