Re: gnuplot, ignore if tired of thread

From: Herman Bruyninckx
Subject: Re: gnuplot, ignore if tired of thread
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 08:19:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 7 Jul 1999, Daniel Heiserer wrote:

> > So, count me in for some emailing.  I have lots of good arguments
> > for why gnuplot would benefit from GPL licensing.
It would be nice to list these arguments.

> I will wait till next week for other "maling-volunteers". If nobody else
> is interested I will try by my own and let you know how the things
> are going and give you the mail-adresses.
> How many people are in this list?
> 100?
> If more ask for it that will emphasize the GPL/BSD argument for gnuplot
> a lot. If I am (and maybe you) are the only ones, the effect will be low
> and I wasted another 2 weeks .....
I'm one of these (many?) people that have silently been following your
discussion about GPLing Gnuplot. I support the idea, and am willing to add
my little contribution in trying to convince the Gnuplot copyright owners
to open their work. I guess many others will want to do the same, *if* you
can come up with a short description of how and why ;-)

Herman

---
address@hidden        address@hidden
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven                        Stanford University
Mechanical Engineering, PMA                Computer Science, Robotics Lab
           <http://www.mech.kuleuven.ac.be/~bruyninc>