Re: genetic algorithm

From: dirk
Subject: Re: genetic algorithm
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:40:25 +0200 (SAST)

Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:

>   John> This is a wonderful achievement.
>
> Not to overly dampen your enthusiasm, but it requires the --traditional aka
> --braindead switch for Octave. If I may hazard a guess, I very much doubt
> that many in the audience use this as a default.

I try to write code that lies in the intersection between Octave,
Matlab 3.5 and current Matlab.  Most of the time it requires no more
than avoiding certain sensitive functions and starting each M-file with

if exist('do_fortran_indexing'),
  do_fortran_indexing=1; empty_list_elements_ok=1;
end

And, of course, keeping all function names lower case.

Dirk