Re: Octave on MkLinux

From: Fred Bacon
Subject: Re: Octave on MkLinux
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 09:28:39 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Akira Nishimura wrote:

> >Does anyone on the list have experience with MkLinux on PowerPC/Powerbook
> >G3's?  In particular,
> >- Does Octave compile/run o.k. in this environment?
> >- Can shared libraries (.oct files) be used?
>
> I made an octave RPM package on LinuxPPC R4. However, I don't know
> whether it works or not on MkLinux.
>
> ftp://adlib.rsch.tuis.ac.jp/pub/Linux/PPC/JRPM/ppc/octave-2.0.13-3.ppc.rpm

If it is for LinuxPPC R4, then it should run fine with the current MkLinux
DR3 distribution.

To the original poster, if you aren't subscribed to
address@hidden, you should go to mklinux.org and
follow the links subscribe to this list.  The people there are generally
very helpful.  Most of the mklinux developers hang out there.

It will help to have specific questions, however. ;-)

--
Fred Bacon

Aerodyne Research, Inc.                Phone:   (978) 663-9500 ext. 273
45 Manning Rd.                           FAX:   (978) 663-4918
Billerica, MA  01821-3976               http://www.aerodyne.com
             The Linux community is nothing if not obsessively helpful.
                                                     -- Andrew Leonard